DiscovR Smart Speaker Graphite/Black
With an impressive down-firing subwoofer and dual tweeters, you’ll experience immersive 360˚ audio that delivers room-filling performance.
Tap to utilise Alexa skills or activate the assistant, without saying the trigger word
Quick-Launch Coloured Quadrants
Preset your favourite radio station, Spotify playlist or more for one-touch instant tasking.
Mic Drop Feature
Mute the microphone so the speaker no longer responds to voice control by pushing the speaker back into the case.
Control volume with circular swipes or tap to skip tracks.
Switch to Bluetooth or Aux-in and be notified with a corresponding coloured ring
Buttons and ring illuminate when nearby for easy use in low light
- Rechargeable battery (15 hours) USB C quick-charging at the rear
- Powerful 40W Sound Omnidirectional for sound for a uniform listening experience
- Aluminium Enclosure / Non-slip Base Formed from a single machined piece that’s built to last, with a durable polymer base
- Expanding Speaker Expandable audio chamber for increased portability when closed and widening the sound when open
- Aux-in Connect and playback from any music device
- Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant
- Bluetooth For streaming when you’re not in Wi-Fi range
- Spotify Connect Connect to the Spotify music streaming service over Wi-Fi, and use your smart device as a remote
- Alexa Multi-Room Set up speaker groups via the Alexa App and control your multiroom listening for zones and rooms in your home
- Apple AirPlay 2 Your speaker will appear in Apple’s Home app for Wi-Fi streaming, stereo pairing and multi-room support with Apple iOS devices.
Does my speaker have an alarm feature?
Your speaker has alarm features through Alexa. When you are signed into Alexa, you can request to set alarms, set reminders or timers, and the speaker will wake and play the alarms or timers at the requested time.
Note: If you intend to use this as your primary alarm, please ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and powered via USB.
Do I need an Amazon account to use DiscovR?
An Amazon account isn't required to use DiscovR if you are simply streaming content over Bluetooth or Spotify Connect. However, it will allow you to get the most out of your speaker and provide access to a wider range of Alexa supported features, including voice control and Quick Corners. If you already have an Amazon account, simply enter your log-in details when prompted during the product setup. If you don't currently have an account, you will be prompted to register for one in the Pure Home app.
How do I enable an Alexa skill?
Alexa skills can be enabled in several ways: (i) Simply ask Alexa to enable the skill you want to add. You can even ask to recommend some popular skills from a specific category, like games, news, smart home etc... (ii) From the Alexa app - you can download the app from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store to browse through and enable a chosen Alexa skill.
Is Alexa always listening to me?
No. Your device is only designed to listen after the wake word has been detected or when tapping the Action button. You can delete the history of any spoken commands/requests directly through the Amazon Alexa app.
Can I listen audio over Bluetooth and also have the Alexa microphones muted?
Yes. if you have tapped the Mic mute button (with the icon illuminated red), it is still possible to stream audio content and launch Quick Corners, but your speaker will not be able to listen to or action spoken voice commands. To action voice commands once again, tap the Mic mute button to unmute the microphones.
Can I connect to multiple Wi-Fi networks?
Your DiscovR can only connect to a single Wi-Fi network and will reconnect to the last one it connected to.
If you would like to connect to alternative Wi-Fi network, please go through the speaker setup again within the Pure Home app.
Is there a way to have my firmware updated automatically?
Your DiscovR will periodically download new firmware updates with bug fixes and new functionality when these become available. This will normally occur during the early hours of the morning when the speaker is less likely to be in use. To ensure this is detected and completed, please ensure your speaker is connected and powered via USB and connected to the Wi-Fi network.